Mission Statement and School Ethos
Mission Statement of the School
Hallaton Primary school was founded by the Church of England to be, like the Church itself, of service to our children and all people in our local community. To that end, we aim to offer a high-quality and enjoyable learning environment that is underpinned by both Christian and British beliefs and values.
We believe that everyone is unique and therefore we encourage all members of our community to value and develop their own and others gifts and skills. We believe in developing the whole person – socially, emotionally, creatively, physically, academically and spiritually – in an environment that is safe, calm and challenging.
We have high expectations for all our children and work hard to ensure that they achieve their full potential. We encourage confident and independent learning in an atmosphere where everyone can try out new challenges without fear of failure, so that our children acquire the enthusiasm and skills for life-long learning, develop questioning minds, respect each other and are valued members of our community.
We are committed to:
- Providing a school with a strong Christian ethos which is truly inclusive.
- Promoting the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
- Creating a safe, positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Building a community based on a love of learning, in which all children and adults participate with enthusiasm, enjoying each other’s company and supporting each other to grow in knowledge and in self-esteem.
- Delivering a challenging, creative and rewarding curriculum, underpinned by high expectations of all children, which prepares them for happy, healthy, fulfilled, productive and well-rounded adult lives.
- Developing in our children self-discipline, social and environmental responsibility, and appropriate standards of behaviour, for the benefit of the whole community.
- Providing good role models of respectful, sensitive, trusting relationships, and ensuring that the same approach is nurtured amongst our children.
- Promoting a culture of self-reflection, continuing improvement and healthy work-life balance, to benefit both staff and children.
- Working in partnership with parents as joint educators of their children.
- Creating a learning community that all are proud to belong to and all will look back on with happy and affectionate memories.